Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Making something out of nothing....

Analyzing search keywords used by browsers online can tell you a lot.....

Based on my earlier blog entry, I set out to see what books have been written on the abuse of power and influence. I started searching on Amazon for books written on this topic by using certain keywords.

"misuse power", "misuse influence", and other such combinations.......most of them returning no results or inappropriate results.

On one of the searches, I get a lot of hits and 9 top results are displayed. I sift through each to figure out none of them are actually written on the topic I'm looking for, except one, that comes comparatively close.

I wonder what a cluster analysis on these search terms (that threw 0 results) would reveal.

Although subject to interpretation, imagine an analysis on a databank of such keywords can throw a lot of ideas - one being about books that haven’t been written for that need, which can then be channelized to publishers or wannabe authors for a small fee, or for free to consumers, for competitive advantage.

Not as easy as I put it to be, but I'd certainly wanna look at the interesting clusters, which actually mean something.

Good corporate marketing teams use a similar strategy to redesign their websites to make sure the hard to find information is made easily available in the next change.

Cheerio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home