Thursday, June 23, 2005

My Epithet!

Way back, years ago, for some reason, I was scanning the dictionary (as strange a habit as that sounds) to learn some new words, I chanced upon this word: 'epithet'
I even saw some smart ones quoted!

For a long while after that, once in a while though, the questions would come back to me, with no philosophical bent, as if asking myself if I could pen a smart one myself!

I think I had started to read this book by Stephen Hawking: A brief history of time, and suddenly, due to some randomly ordered connection of nerve endings, a smart line struck my mind....

It read: "Wake me up when you find the end of the universe!"

1 Comments:

At Thu Jun 23, 11:02:00 AM, Blogger Saravana said...

Nag I've thought about touching the end of the universe one day, much later did I discover that you would never be able to do that coz of the Space-Time curvature as predicted by General Relativity. We would always come back to the place where we started someday, for obviously our Universe is not infinite. more abt General Relativity here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_relativity

btw I thought of buying this book "Universe in a nutshell" by Stephen Hawking, but when I saw the price ... changed my decision

 

Post a Comment

<< Home